Peter Watts piraté

JDB
L'équipe du Bélial'

Peter Watts piraté

Messagepar JDB » 27 juillet 2021 à 08:20

Un petit malin a mis en vente sur amazon une édition soi-disant annotée de Blindsight, sans l'autorisation de Peter Watts qui n'est pas content. Il a entamé les démarches pour faire retirer cette édition pirate, mais en attendant:
I have a favor to ask any US Amazon customers out there: would you mind going to [amazon link] and leaving a reader review pointing out that this is a pirated edition, unauthorized by the author, and that the "annotations" consist of a couple of wikipedia pages pasted onto the front of the manuscript? I would do it myself, but I am not allowed to post reviews on Amazon.com because I "have not met the minimum eligibility requirements" (i.e., I have not given them enough money).
I have, of course, launched a copyright infringement notice through Amazon's official channels, and Amazon is being its usual dickish self in terms of acting on it. I continue to jump through their hoops. In the meantime, though, it would be nice if potential customers could be informed that they (and I) are being ripped off.
Thank you. We now return you to your regularly scheduled data-mining experience.

Le lien amazon pour pourrir le listing, c'est ici.

JDB
"Impliqué en permanence", qu'il dit.
JDB
L'équipe du Bélial'

Re: Peter Watts piraté

Messagepar JDB » 27 juillet 2021 à 12:20

Pardon pour l'esprit de l'escalier (oui, la sénilité me guette, mais je me soigne), mais vous pouvez aussi laisser un commentaire en français sur amazon.fr pour dissuader d'autres lecteurs d'acheter cette édition pirate.
JDB
"Impliqué en permanence", qu'il dit.
lonesome
Disciple de Griaule

Re: Peter Watts piraté

Messagepar lonesome » 27 juillet 2021 à 21:25

Les liens sont déjà morts. Après une rapide recherche, le livre semble avoir été retiré.

Retourner vers « Toute l'actu »